Sunday, November 21, 2010

Takin' it to the Web

Here's another interesting find! Thanks Uncle Peter for sending me the link. Across the board, more and more synagogues and Jewish orgs are taking to the web to teach, preach, and access not only teens, but their entire families. Below is an article on this recent growth of Bar and Bat Mitzvah e-learning.

It especially got me thinking about my own congregants 4 hours away. How would our time together change if more of our activities existed online? What if we did personal counseling or even text study via Skype or iChat? Would more people participate or take interest if that were the case?

This blog is actually a perfect example of the attempt for integration and bridge-building. Since I can't physically be there, I thought this blog was an excellent tool to unite our two worlds. But is something removed, or missing, because of that? Do we miss out by not having panim-al-panim (face to face) interactions?

No comments:

Post a Comment